[1823 - The Monroe Doctrine closes
American continent to colonial settlements by European powers]
10. Richard Dicken born 24 October 1787 at Culpeper County, Virginia, died 6 January 1869, married 26 November 1811 in Boone County, Kentucky. (Book - Boone County, Kentucky - Marriages - 1798-1818 by Robert D. Craig. Richard Dicken & Jane Early, Bond 18, November 1811. James Dicken - Bondsman, consent of Whitfield Early.)
11. Jane Early born 12 May 1797 in Virginia, died 26 May 1879 in Glasgow, Howard County, Missouri.
|10A.||Emiline Dicken born 11 February 1815 in Kentucky, died 13 February 1818|
|10B.||Whitfield Dicken born 10 October 1816 in Kentucky, died 19 June 1850.|
|10C.||Richard Dicken born 21 May 1817 in Kentucky, married 6 March 1845 in Howard County, Missouri to Sarah Woods.|
|10D.||Mary Dicken born 2 December 1819 in Kentucky, married 12 May 1825 in Howard County, Missouri to John M. Bailey.|
|10E.||Aletha Dicken born 7 April 1822 in Kentucky, died 8 January 1896, married 23 August 1839 in Howard County, Missouri to Richard D. Snell, also married Cyrus Hutchinson.|
|10F.||Martha Louis Dicken born 27 January 1824 in Kentucky, died 20 August 1913, married 10 November 1842 in Howard County, Missouri to William Lewis Earickson.|
|10G.||Virenda Dicken born 4 April 1829 in Kentucky, died 21 September 1851, married 9 September 1842 to Urban Billingsley.|
|10H.||(Emily 3) Jane Dicken born 3 January 1832.|
22. Whitfield Early born 10 February 1777 at Culpeper County, Virginia, died 5 August 1865 in Boone County, Kentucky, married 15 December 1795 in Madison County, Virginia, buried in Petersburg Cemetery, Boone County, Kentucky. On the census of 1860, taken 13 June 1860 in Boone County, Kentucky, Whitfield Early states that he has $1300.00 value in real estate and that he has $6000.00 in personal property.
23. Mary Allen Minor born 4 October 1781 at Culpeper County, Virginia, died 15 June 1841 in Boone County, Kentucky, buried in Petersburg Cemetery, in Boone County, Kentucky.
22A2. Charles Curier Early married Sarah E. Thomas.
22A3. Alva S. Early.
22C. Paschal Early married Miss Norris.
22D. (Jane 4) Early born 12 May 1797.
22E. James N. Early married Mary Norris, sister to Paschal's wife.
22F. Morgan Early died unmarried.
22G. Virenda Early died young.
22H. Emily Early married John Duncan.
22I. Altha Early married William H. Gaines.
Whitfield Early married second to Susannah Catlett.
He married third to Jane Hughes.
[1765 - British Parliment passes
Stamp Act for taxing American Colonies]
44. Joseph Early born about 1740 in Culpepper County, Virginia, died before 20 October 1783 (will proven) in Culpepper County, Virginia, married about 1762 in Culpepper County, Virginia. In 1770 Joseph Early bought land between the Rapidann and Robertson Rivers from John and Ann Wilson, of Broomfield Parrish, Culpepper County, Virginia. In 1772 Joseph Early joined the Bapist Church and became a member of Rapidann Church (see History of Bapists in Virginia, by R.S. Temple). And he was a friend of Washington, who visited him in his home.
On 26 February 1776, Joseph Early was commissioned Second Lieutenant in Captain Scruggs Company, Fifth Virginia Regiment, commanded by Colonel Charles Scott.
28 November 1776, Joseph Early- First Lieutenant (Hertman's List)
45. Jane Paschel born about 1755, died about 1793.
|44A.||Julianer Early born about 1763,, died 1 January 1851 in Boon County, Kentucky, married John Rucker.|
|44B.||Paschal Early born in Culpeper County, Virginia, died 23 February 1826, buried in Madison County, Virginia, married 2 April 1806 in Madison County, Virginia to Mary Newman Henshaw.|
|44C.||Mary Early married first 22 December 1789 in Culpeper County, Virginia to James Newman, married second to John Kobler about 1800.|
|44D.||William Early born 20 October 1773, died 25 August 1839, married 2 February 1804 in Madison County, Virginia to Catherine Rucker.|
|44E.||(Whitfield 5) Early born 10 February 1777.|
|44F.||Joseph Early never married.|
|44G.||Elizabeth Early born 23 September 1782 in Virginia, died 11 December 1868 in Clay County, Missouri, married John Field 5 December 1797 in Madison County, Virginia.|
[1821- Missouri becomes a state]
46. Armistead Minor born in Culpeper County, Virginia, died before 20 September 1790 (will date) in Culpeper County, Virginia, married before 1781.
47. Margaret Rucker born about 1738 in Orange County, Virginia, died after 28 December 1797 in Madison County, Virginia.
46B. Elliot Minor married Jane Rucker.
46C. Joseph Minor.
From book "Wheeler Ancestors" by Joseph & Daniella Wheeler is this information about the ancient Kings of Ireland.
"Cabri Lifichar, an ancient King of Ireland, was born about A.D.225.
His son, Eochaidh Dubhlein, born 260.
His sons were:
Colla Uais, meaning "the noble".
Colla Meann, meaning "the famous".
Colla da Crioch, meaning "of the two territories," referring to his possessions in both Scotland and Ireland.
The three Collas won the battle of Dublcomar, and thus restored their family to power, and Colla Uais ascended the throne of Ireland in 322. In 326 he was deposed, but the three Collas, with an army of 21,000 men, after many battles, conquered the king of Ulster (see Keating's History of Ireland) and erected a new principality.
Colla da Crioch became prince of Criomthain, and his posterity maintaianed their authority over it as titular kings of Ulster until their submission to England about the year 1300.
His descendants were:
Fiachra-casan, Feidlimidh, Tuathal, Colcan, Aongus, Diceilidh, Ultan, Cuanach, Inrachta, Donach, Maolmocheirgh, founder of the O'Maolmocheirghes.
The family of O'Maolmocheirghe was conspicuous in ecclesiastical capacities. Among them were Muircheartach O'Maolmocheirghe, a holy bishop of Brefuey, who died A.D. 1149; Braen O'Maolmacheirghe, a noted abbot of the monastery of Kells, died 1277, and Aodh O'Maolmocheirghe Coarb of the Abbey of Drumlane, who was drowned A.D. 1512.
Mathew O'Maolmocheirghe, a leading chief in the County of Donegal, died in 1226, and Cathal, "a constantly spending and lastingly affluent gentleman," died in 1536.
This information is largely derived from the "Annals of the Four Masters," an authentic work printed in 1631, and compiled from the ancient Gaelic MS.
During the reigns of the Henrys and Edwards this name was anglicized as Early. In direct descent was Jeremiah Early, born about 1702; emigrated from the County Donegal, Ireland, to Virginia about 1720; settle in Madison County; married Miss Buford and became a man of great wealth; died in 1795, aged over 90 years.
[1714 - Queen Anne of England
88. Jeremiah Early born 9 December 1705 in Middlesex County, Virginia, died 19 February 1787 in Orange County, Virginia, married 16 October 1728 in Middlesex County, Virginia.
Jeremiah rendered Patriot Services in Virginia, see DAR Patriot Index, page 211. DAR Grandparent Files - Series 2, Vol 14, (by Sally Anderson Chaney) Lieutenant from Augusta Military District during the French and Indian Wars, promoted to Captain in 1768, promoted to Major and Lieutenant Colonel of Militia around 1772, promoted to Colonel on 28 December 1778.
According to the book "Colonial Men" by Harper, Jeremiah Early's descendants are qualified for the Dames as he was a commissioned officer actually in service in the field in a colonial war. (page 352, footnote)
89. Elizabeth Buford born 1709 in Middlesex County,
88A9b. Henry C. Early.
88A11. Abner Early born 1768, married second to Mary Stith, was a Colonel in the Revolutionary War.
88B. Joshua Early born 13 June 1738 in Culpeper County, Virginia, died 1 December 1812 in Bedford County, Virginia, married 26 April 1763 to Mary Leftwich born 1746, died in 1818.
88B2. William Early born in 1766, died in 1798, married in 1793 to Palatiah Jones Walker, he contacted yellow fever while traveling and died in a few days.
88B9. Thomas Early born in 1779, married Susannah Rucker, in 1801 moved to Tennessee.
88B10. Jabez L. Early born in 1780, married Mary (Polly) Leftwich, in November 1801 moved to Tennessee where he died.
88B11. Silas Early born in 1782.
88B12. Lucy Early. born in 1784.
88B13. John Early, Bishop, born in 1786, married (1) Ann W. Jones, she died and he married (2) Elizabeth Brown Rives in 1822. She was the daughter of Anthony Rives, who was the son of Timothy Rives and Mary Brown
88B14. Sally Early born in 1788, married to John Word.
88C. (Joseph 6) Early born about 1740 in Culpeper County, Virginia, was a Colonel in the Revolutionary War.
88D. Jacob Early born about 1742, died before 16 January 1792 in Georgia, married in 1767 in Bedford, Virginia to Elizabeth Robertson, he was a Captain in the Revolutionary War.
88E. Joel Early born after 1745, died after 1794, married 23 June 1772 at St. Thomas Parrish, Orange County, Virginia, to Lucy Smith.
88F. John Early (called Thomas) born 17 July 1729 in Middlesex County, Virginia at Christ Church, died 1774 in Orange County, Virginia, married in Virginia to Theodocia White.
88F3. Jonathan Early, killed by a fall from his horse at age 21. (no issue)
88F4. Elizabeth Early married Thomas Davis.
88F5. Frances Early married John A. Michie.
88F6. Sarah Early, died age 75 (no issue).
From book "Descendants of John Early" by
Margaret Woods Hampton pages 2, 3, 4, 9 and 10
1. Captain James Early born about 1750 at Orange County, Virginia, married 1772 at Albemarle County, Virginia to Elizabeth (Bettie) Thompson.
5. Frances Early married 23 July 1787 at Orange County, Virginia to John Augustus Michie born 1766.
(To see more about this line check the above mentioned book.)
88G. Jubal Early.
88H. Joab Early.
88I. James Early.
88J. Jonathan Early.
88K. Jocobus Early.
88L. Hannah Early born 28 February 1753 in Madison County, Virginia, died 4 June 1828 in Georgetown, Scott County, Kentucky, married in Virginia to John Scott, a Captain in the Revolutionary War.
88M. Sarah Early born about 1732 married William Kirtley born about 1725 in Spotsylvania County, Virginia, died 1795 in Madison County, Virginia.
88N. Ann Early married Joseph Rogers.
94. Ephraim Rucker born 1715 in Essex County, Virginia, died December
1796 in Culpeper County, Virginia, buried in Madison County, Virginia, married in 1734 in Virginia. His services in assisting the establishment of American Independence during the Revolutionary War are proved with Culpeper Court Records- 7 October 1777 - commisioners appointed James Slaughter, John Slaughter & Ephraim Rucker as Lieutenants Colonels.
95. Margaret Vawter born 1722 in Orange County, Virginia, died 1811 in Culpeper County, Virginia.
94F. Tabatha Rucker died 1815, married in Culpeper County, Virginia to Edmund Gaines.
94G. Tomagen Rucker born about 1750, married first ________ Booten, married second Augustie Rucker.
94H. Ephraim Rucker Jr. married 1775 in Orange County, Virginia to Elizabeth Randell.
94I. Julius Rucker served in the Revolutionary War.
[1693 - Carolina divided into North
176. Thomas Early born 1682, died 1761, married October 1704 in Middlesex County, Virginia.
177. Elizabeth Johnson died 8 July 1716 in Middlesex County, Virginia.
176B. William Early died after 1742, married Mary Marlyn.
178. Thomas Buford Jr. born 1682 in Middlesex County, Virginia, died 1761, married about 1705.
179. Elizabeth Ball born 1675, died 1761.
178B. John Buford born 1707 in Middlesex County, Virginia, died 1787, married Judith Early before 1736.
178C. (Elizabeth 7) Beauford born 1709.
178D. Sarah Buford born 1712 in Middlesex County, Virginia.
178E. Mary Buford born 20 August 1716 in Middlesex County, Virginia, married George Lee on 4 December 1737.
178F. Ann Buford born 4 July 1718 in Middlesex County, Virginia, married 4 October 1736 to Thomas Duckworth.
188. Peter Rucker born about 1690 in Virginia, died 23 February 1743 at Orange County, Virginia.
189. Elizabeth Fielding.
190. John Vawter born about 1710, died 1796 in Culpeper County, Virginia
191. Margaret Noel born about 1714, died about 1756 in Culpeper
190B. Bartholomew Vawter born about 1717 in Essex County, Virginia.
190C. Richard Beverly Vawter born about 1719 in Essex County, Virginia, died 24 October 1798 in Essex County, Virginia.
190D. (Margaret 7) Vawter born 1722.
190E. Angus Vawter born about 1725 in Essex County, Virginia, married Anne (nee unknown).
190F. David Vawter born about 1730 in Essex County, Virginia, died 28 March 1785, married Mary Rucker born in 1735.
190F2. William Vawter born in Essex County, Virginia.
190F3. Phileman Vawter, Minister, born in Essex County, Virginia, married to Anne Vawter.
190F4. Winifred Vawter born in Essex County, Virginia.
190F5. Margaret Vawter born in Essex County, Virginia.
190F6. Mary Vawter born in Essex County, Virginia.
[1676 - "Declaration of the People
of Virginia" by Nathaniel Bacon(1642-1676) gains support
for rebellion against authorities]
352. John Early born 1642, died 1694 in Middlesex County, Virginia, married 2 August 1682 at Christ Church, Middlesex County, Virginia.
353. Margaret Loyall born 18 August 1664 at Christ Church, Middlesex County, Virginia.
356. Thomas (Beauford) Buford Sr. born about 1663 at Gravesend, Kent County, England, died 9 December 1716, married 1681 in Middlesex County, Virginia.
357. Mary Warren died 29 December 1720.
380. Bartholomew Vawter born about 1665.
381. Winifred Hodges.
380B. Margaret Vawter born
382. Daniel Noel.
383. Elizabeth Ellitt born about 1672 in Essex County, Virginia.
382B. Cornelius Noel born about 1702 in Essex County, Virginia, died 15 September 1755 in Essex County, Virginia, married Elinor Donahue.
382C. Bernard Noel born about 1706 in Essex County, Virginia, died 18 July 1749 in Essex County, Virginia, married about 1733 to Sarah Scott born about 1710.
382D. John Noel born about 1710 in Essex County, Virginia, died before 1800.
382E. Benjamin Noel born about 1812 in Essex County, Virginia, married Eleanor _________ born about 1714.
382F. (Margaret 8) Noel born about 1714.
382G. Samuel Noel born about 1716 in Essex County, Virginia, died 17 October 1774 in Essex County, Virginia, married (1) _______, (2) Martha _________ born about 1720.
706. William Loyall.
707. Elizabeth (nee unknown).
[1660 - Virginia proclaims Charles
II King; restores Govenor William Berkeley]
712. John (Blueford) Buford born about 1642 at York, Middlesex County, Virginia, died 1722 at Middlesex County, Virginia, married 11 April 1662 in Lancaster County, Virginia.
713. Elizabeth Perrott born 1645 at Barbados, died 29 December 1729.
764. Cornelis Nowe born 8 November 1623 at Leiden S-H The Netherlands, died June 1699 in Virginia, married June 1699 in Virginia.
765. Elizabeth Page.
764B. Mary Nowe born about 1669 at Essex County, Virginia, married 10 February 1692 to Thomas Cloutsome.
764C. Margaret Nowe born about 1671 in Essex County, Virginia, married 10 January 1692 to Edmond Connalee.
764D. Cornelius Nowe born about 1675 in Essex County, Virgina, married Sarah Stallard.
764E. Elizabeth Nowe born about 1678 in Essex County, Virginia, married John Ridgedaile.
764F. James Nowe born about 1680 in Essex County, Virginia, married Elizabeth Evans.
1424. Richard Beaufort born 1617 at Gravesend, Kent County, England, married 1635.
1425. Dora Vause.
[1626 - Peter Minuit (1580-1638)
of Dutch West India Company's settlement in North America, buys
in May, the entire Island of Manhattan from native Indian
1426. Richard Perrott.
1427. Margaret Hayworth.
1528. Jacob Nowe born about 1599 in Leiden S-H, The Netherlands, married 2 February 1621 at Leiden, The Netherlands.
1529. Treintje Cornelisdr.
1528B. (Cornelis 10) Nowe born 8 November 1623.
1528C. Siburgh Nowe born 8 August 1627 at Leiden, Netherlands, died 28 October 1627 at Leiden Netherlands.
1528D. Boudewijn Nowe born 22 April 1629 at Leiden, Netherlands.
1528E. Jan Nowe born 2 January 1623, christened 1 February 1632 at Leiden, S-H, Netherlands.
[1620 - Pilgrim Fathers, leaving Plymouth,
England, in "Mayflower" for North America, land
at New Plymouth, Massachutess]
2848. John Beaufort.
2849. Margaret (nee unknown)
2850. John Vause died 1691 at Christ Church, Middlesex County, Virginia.
2852. John Buford.
2853. Margaret (nee unknown)
3056. Passchier Nowe married 19 March 1583 in Leiden, The Netherlands.
3057. Stijntje Jaspers.
3056B. Susanna Nowe born in Leiden, Netherlands, married 11 May 1618 in Leiden, Netherlands to Jan Barentszn.
3056C. Boudewijn Nowe born Leiden, Netherlands, died
12 September 1624.